P.E.T.A.L.S ( Personal and Environmental Threat Assessment Logging System )
Providing emergency medical treatment to a wounded soldier has been a delayed process until now due to the traditional communication systems and limited damage assessment capabilities in the heat of war . We at Apasteron have been committed towards developing a solution that would remedy this problem faced by many soldiers in the field . After extensive testing and multiple iterations developed on data input from the end user we have come up with P.E.T.A.L.S . Our device is a unique bullet penetration detection and health monitoring system that can collect and transmit various bio readings like Heart Rate , SpO2 , temperature as well as real time GeoLocation position to a receiver over an encrypted communications system. The uniqueness of our device lies in its ability to detect bullet penetration as well as the location of gunshot on the torso and relay that data to the receiver along with realtime body vitals and GPS data. Once a gunshot location is registered in P.E.T.A.L.S , the device automatically inputs various helpful data points like which organ has the highest chance of being damaged due to the gunshot , the probable extent of damage due to gunshot and recommended emergency medical treatment. All the collected data is then transmitted to an emergency medic team that is now aware of the medical condition and location of the soldier even before communicating with anyone over radio and as a result can best suit themselves to attend the wounded soldiers’ medical needs.
P.E.T.A.L.S can securely transmit this data as far as 4 Kms to a receiver integrated into a compact high resolution portable computer along with Visual representation of Gunshot location on the soldier’s torso and his/her location relative to the receiver.
P.E.T.A.L.S can also be configured with an inbuilt body warmer device to keep the user warm in low temperature operational scenarios.
- Accurate detection of gunshot wound location on the torso of the user .
- Body Vitals like- a. Heart rate b. SPO2 c. Body temperature
- P.E.T.A.L.S uses NavIC (IRNSS) as well as GPS for precise real-time geolocation data collection.
- One base receiver can collect data from upto 20 soldiers at the same time.
- Transmitted data is encrypted making the system secure for use in battlefield and covert operations.
- Data transmission range is upto 4 KM
- Operational temperature range of -40◦C to +60 ◦C.
- Base monitoring Unit can display all relevant data on a touch operated interactive graphical interface device with offline map , compass and visual representation of the torso of the soldier.
- P.E.T.A.L.S is a Military grade device and is waterproof , weatherproof and Shockproof.
- Inbuilt heating pads can be used to provide warmth to the soldier operating in low temperatures.