MD3 ( Mine Detection and Destruction Drone )
Apasteron is currently working on the development of a compact UAV integrated with advanced radar imaging and environment mapping features which is capable of detecting underground landmines/ IEDs from a safe hovering height , recording and projecting the data on a secure database available on visual display with landmine location overlay , high definition pictures . MD3 is also capable of destroying multiple landmines from a safe distance and plotting a safe path for soldiers to move forward based on the updated landmine map once it disables a certain number of landmines.
- Compact form factor allows a single user to carry and operate the drone easily.
- Obstacle avoidance for use in dense forests or obstacle rich environments.
- Real time landmine location mapping on a secure database grid.
- Capable of destroying multiple landmines and clear large areas on a single charge.
- Multiple MD3’s can be linked to speed up landmine detection and destruction processes.
- Long Range encrypted communication and in-built fail safe to counter Anti-Drone systems.
- Autonomous mapping feature allows drones to detect landmines and collect relevant data without human intervention.
- Swappable battery allows for minimal down time during operations.