Survivor Detection Drone ( SDD )
The ability to locate survivors buried in rubble , snow or mud quickly can be the difference between life and death more often than not. Executing this task of search and rescue over a large area by relying solely on human senses like visual observation or hearing might take days or even weeks sometimes . To speed up this process substantially Apasteron has designed the SDD UAV . SDD is a compact UAV with onboard sensors and advanced imaging system which is capable of detecting the heart rate and movement of a person through dense rubble , snow and mud and even indoors. . SDD can be programmed to autonomously scan a defined area for survivors . The device has in-built obstacle avoidance capability , gimbal stabilized sensors , imaging systems and can be used in areas that might be inaccessible to humans.
- Compact size and lightweight design .
- Ability to detect survivors through dense rubble or snow.
- Autonomous area scanning means the drone can cover large areas thoroughly and quickly.
- Low altitude hovering and gimbal stabilized sensors allow for accurate readings in any scenario.
- Obstacle avoidance allows easy use in scenarios where SDD might have to be used indoors.
- Survivor location plotting on a secured database grid.
- The images of the general area where survivors are detected can be displayed on screen.
- Swappable battery for minimal downtime.